Our Community Onboard program and the Boroondara Volunteer Resource Centre have partnered to bring you this workshop run by Diversity Australia.
Cultural awareness training, also known as intercultural, cross cultural and cultural competency training, will give you the skills you need to understand, work and flourish in and with cultures other than their own.
This workshop will look at:
- what unconscious bias is, how to acknowledge it and recognising the importance of inclusion
- your own cultural background and identity to enable more authentic interactions with volunteers, co-workers, customers and stakeholders
- how the brain functions, to recognise unconscious bias as a natural function of the human mind
- how to recognise when unconscious bias and cultural sensitivity is impacting decision making processes and other
- your own internal biases so that you can practice conscious awareness in your personal and work environments
- strategies and tools to recognise when unconscious bias is impacting you and others, and develop action plans to minimise negative impacts
- the new laws and legislation changes.