Record keeping workshop for small business
Are you new to business, or thinking of starting a small business?
Good record keeping is important even before your first transaction occurs. It can save you time and helps you to claim all the deductions to which you’re entitled.
So give your business the best start!
- why good record keeping is important
- what records to keep and for how long
- tips for retaining good records
- where to get help and support.
We’ll show you an example that demonstrates:
- typical transactions,
- how to deal with cash receipts and payments, and
- how to report amounts in the activity statement.
We will show you online tools for reporting and resources that can help you. You’ll also have the chance to ask questions.